Meetings and Newsletters
FRIENDS OF ROMILEY PARK
Minutes of Meeting held on 07 Nov 2017 @ 7.00pm at The Life Centre. Romiley.
Present: - Tracey Adams*(Chair), Beryl & Alan Smith*, Jean Bartlett*, John Ackers*, Philippa Bonorino*, Debbie Barraclough* & Terry Holmes*. Residents*.
Apologies: Jill Lince,* Pam Reed* & Peter Birchenhough*.
- Minutes of the Meeting on 05 Sept 2017 were accepted as a correct record.
- Treasurer's Report – It was agreed that payments of £100 should be made to the following for their support at the Fun Day, Romiley Primary School Band, Werneth Band, NK Theatre and Agriculture & Rural Centre. AS presented draft accounts showing a balance of £2267.03 after these donations. A sum of £1200 is now to be “ring-fenced” to cover the cost of the Fun Day in 2018.
3. Action Plan
- New signboard at the front entrance still outstanding. Artwork for layout and brief history currently being prepared by Darren Taylor & Alan Smith. Draft should be ready for approval in November.
- An additional bin to be requested at the Compstall Rd entrance as the convenience store has no bin but much litter. JB
- The existing notice board to be removed - URGENT
- Planters – miniature daffodil and tulip bulbs to be planted. (Supplied by SMBC)
- 1000 crocus bubs supplied by the Rotary have been planted near the front entrance and along the school fence to advertise the End Polio Now Campaign.
- Obtain picnic table for rear of the park. Cost of £1250 supplied by RB and grant application to be made.
- Large gazebo required for Fun Days. School would store if we are able to obtain grant to purchase.
- Laurel hedge along rear of garage has been programmed for a large reduction in the width.
- Laurel in School bed to be cut to ground level.
- Wood chips spread over school bed. More required for centre and opticians beds.
- Pampas grass in centre bed to be removed and replaced with ornamental tree to reduce maintenance costs.
- It was agreed to update our Web Site at an estimated cost of £100/150.
4. New Leaflet
To be circulated to libraries, schools, businesses etc.
5. Community Fun Day
- The organisers wish to commit to another Fun Day in 2018 on either 23 or 20 June. AS will liase.
TA expressed thanks to Life Centre for hosting our meetings. Dates for 2018 have been agreed. The Annual General Meeting is on Tuesday 9th January 2018 at 19.00hrs
Gardening: 25 November & 27 January 10.00 till Noon.
Volunteers required. All welcome.